Security is a topic of critical importance for all nation states.
Within a tense international context, marked by a rise in terrorist threats, domestic security agencies from all countries need to achieve productivity gains and adopt innovative technologies whilst controlling spending.
Within this context governments must always be in a position to exchange information in real time with a maximum level of security and they need to optimise the interoperability of their systems. This will give everyone access to the information they need, when they need it. At the same time, despite budgetary constraints and controlled resources, they must comply with rapidly changing laws and regulations, as well as with EU programmes, such as the Schengen Agreement or the Eurosur border-control system.
Sopra Steria has 35 years’ experience of providing support to administrations in charge of domestic security to help them meet these challenges.
Our experts operate in 25 countries, serving customers from a variety of specialist fields: police, emergency and rescue services, border control, population census, justice, customs and domestic/international security. On behalf of these organisations, we take on large-scale, complex and critical projects focusing on:
- Surveillance management systems
- Automated command-and-control systems (e.g. the STORM and IGNIS solutions for emergency-service effectiveness)
- Civil and criminal biometric and identity document management solutions
- Intelligent, distributed computer systems
- Securing of infrastructures
- Mobile technologies optimising interventions in the field.